Kenya's Mission Photo

Kenya's Mission Photo

Monday, February 29, 2016

Kenya's Third Group Email


Monday, February 29, 2016

Hello friends and family!
This week I have finished my first transfer and been serving for 2 months! Not a lot, but its progress. The past few weeks have been great! I am learning more about myself and the Savior everyday. We are working a lot with the less actives in the ward and have seen a lot of progress in their reactivation in the church. And of, course some of our great investigators! 

At sites we take a lot of Spanish calls because my companion is the only person at Kirtland that knows Spanish. She lets me open up with some "Hola! Esta es Nohely y Kenya, como estas?" And then I am cut off from there because that's basically all I know.. But anyway, we have a few Hispanics that we teach from Mexico that are progressing really well and will hopefully have a baptismal date this week! It's crazy that I really have no idea what they are saying to each other but they spirit in their voices bring the spirit so strongly to me as well.
It is such a blessing being able to serve here and do the things that I get to do. I love serving at sites and in the Hiram area! I will start to give tours at the Johnson farm within the next 2 months which is super exciting! Life is great here in OHIO. Love you all!
Love, Sister Berntsen

Also, my companion and I gave up a habit this week to relate to a less active that is giving up smoking. So of course, I gave up drinking Coke. Capri sun was the next best thing apparently. 



No comments:

Post a Comment