Kenya's Mission Photo

Kenya's Mission Photo

Monday, November 21, 2016

Group Email from Sister Berntsen from November 7th



Family and friends,

Thank you for all the love and support! I am doing well here in Kirtland. Miracles are happening and God is way too good to us. 

We have been keeping busy here and so many good things are happening. We had a Veterans day program this week, which reminded me of my sweet Grandpa Mike. The spirit was so strong giving our appreciation and thanks to all who have served our country. The song "If you're reading this" by Tim McGraw was played in my head a few times this week. 

Lately, my companion and I have been inviting a 15 year old recent convert in our ward to come with us when we serve at the Visitors' center on Sundays. Yesterday, she came with us to be on teaching center and take tours and it was great! She has such a difficult life and continues to struggle with family and friend situations. Her father is in his mid 60's, and has M.S. But is still a wonderful guy who joined the church with her this past March. We are so blessed by the people we surround ourselves with. We are blessed with the laws and ordinances of the gospel like the Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity. They are God-given laws along with all the rest. 

I sometimes take for granted the amazing people I have been surrounded by my whole life, and yesterday I realized just how blessed I really am. I love you all sooo much and am so grateful for the love and support! I pray for you all daily. Sorry I am the worst at sending group emails... I proabably won't get any better at it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment