Kenya's Mission Photo

Kenya's Mission Photo

Tuesday, March 8, 2016


Caption of photo from Kenya:

"This is the only picture I can get to you this week. This was taken at the VC by the loudest and funniest Elder. In the email he sent he said "sister Berntsen looks hungry" probably true.. hahah"

Group Email from Kenya:

March 7, 21016

Hello family!

I made it through my first transfer! It has been a crazy/amazing 6 weeks. I have really learned so much about myself and the gospel and how truly important it is. But this week was great! One of the busiest and funnest weeks for sure! Sister Adame and I were at sites only 1 day this week which really scared me. I was used to having 2 full days at sites and was worried to be a normal missionary for 6/7 of the days this week. But the Lord knew the situation and really blessed us. 

Monday, we got done shopping and came outside to see that a sweet older lady had hit the back of our car a little. Long story short, she felt really bad but we set an appointment with her for this week! That was really awesome. Tuesday we were at sites, Wednesday was transfers. So everyone in the Kirtland stake who was getting transferred or was getting a new companion came to the Visitors center and did their transfers. Thursday, Friday, Saturday we had filled days with a lot of service and appointments with some less-actives, and the usual missionary stuff. 

Sunday evening we taught our investigators Holly and Thomas. They are 8 and 12 and their dad is a less-active that we are working with. They are great kids!! We are working with their dad to quit smoking so he can get the priesthood and baptize his kids. They are a great family!

Thank you for the love and support you all give me. I am so grateful for each one of you. Hope you all have a blessed week! 

Love, Sister Berntsen

ps. we only served at sites once last week, and this week we serve 3. #blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment