Kenya's Mission Photo

Kenya's Mission Photo

Monday, October 24, 2016

August 29th Group Email to the Berntsen Family

Picture on October 3, 2016, Kenya's Birthday, of her getting a hug and story from her Grandpa Berntsen!  H was so excited about her call to Ohio.

Three generation picture after Jack was ordained a Priest in July, 2016


Picture of Kenya's daddy with her Grandpa a few days before he passed away from Cancer

August 29, 2015 - Group Email to the Berntsen Family

Hello my sweet family,

Just wanted to send a quick email to you all. (don't have much of your emails though) I received the news of Grandpa's passing on Wednesday by my Visitors center director. It was hard news to take at such a stressful part of my mission, but I think I have been handling it well. This past week has been the hardest my whole mission, for multiple reasons and its just been tough not being able to be there with my family during this all. It breaks my heart to just sit back and imagine how you are all feeling, knowing that I can't be there for support or help.

I am truly going to miss my sweet Grandpa Mike. His slooow driving road trips, the pharmacy, his watery hot chocolate, and of course his love of out doors and his family. I remember one road trip to Moab, we took the trailer and had a fun weekend with some family. On our way home of course, Grandpa doesn't take any chances with his trailer so he went probably 45 on a 75 mile road and kept his hand out the window waving for EVERY car to pass him. Hard to believe I will actually miss that.

It breaks my heart that I can't be there for his funeral and be able to say goodbye to him one last time. But I know that this is where he wants me to be. I know that we may not all have the same beliefs on some things, but I do know with my whole heart that we will all see him, Grandma, Andy and Mac again. I have a firm testimony of eternal families. Even though we are all the craziest and some of the biggest pains in the butt, I am grateful for every one of you, and grateful to have you all as my eternal family.

I love you all and hope that you are all handling this tragic loss as best as you can. We have all dealt with it before. I just wanted to let you all know how much I love you and how much I miss you. I pray for everyone of you morning and night, I have felt prayers sent my way as well. I am grateful for the true gospel of Jesus Christ and grateful for you all. Give Grandpa one last kiss for me please.
#cancersucks #alzheimerssucks

Love, Sister Berntsen

No comments:

Post a Comment